True or False?
Can your students answer these true-or-false statements? Have them correct the false sentences and rewrite them as true facts.
1. We celebrate Valentine’s Day on February 15. Longman
2. Two common colors of Valentine’s Day cards are green and blue.
3. Post offices and banks are closed on Valentine’s Day because it’s a national holiday.
4. A heart is a common symbol of Valentine’s Day.
5. A popular gift to give someone on Valentine’s Day is a long-stemmed carrot.
6. Another popular gift to give someone on Valentine’s Day is a box of candles.
7. Presidents’ Day is a U.S. holiday in February that occurs before Valentine’s Day.
8. Cupid is a fictional character we associate with love and Valentine’s Day.
9. Many people like to go to a restaurant for breakfast in the evening on Valentine’s Day.
Value of Longman Bilingual Dictionaries
Tania Saiz-Sousa, Marketing Manager
Bilingual Dictionaries are created specifically for students
who are learning English. These dictionaries are equally useful for
students looking to find the meaning of an English word, and for
students looking for the
Spanish equivalents for English words. …