Acquiring an essential vocabulary doesn’t have to be difficult. Vocabulary Power uses the latest research on memory to make this process simple, effective, and enjoyable. This three-level program teaches the most frequently used words from
the General Service List (500) and Academic Word List (400) and presents each word in eight different contexts to help students learn and remember the word easily.
- 300 new words — 10 per chapter.
- Can be used in class or as a self-study text.
- Exercises on word families, multiple meanings, collocations, and expressions that expand students’ knowledge of the words.
- Engaging discussion questions and writing topics that elicit natural use of the words.
- Quizzes to check students’ progress and minimize teacher prep time.
- Word Builder exercises and charts in the Appendix to help students focus on the meaning and use of word parts.