The Longman Academic Reading Series is a five-level series that prepares English language learners for academic work. High-interest readings cover a variety of subjects, including art history, nutrition, American literature, and forensics.
The series takes a holistic approach to the skills and strategies necessary for effective reading, vocabulary building, note-taking, and critical thinking. By encouraging students to discuss and write about the ideas covered in the readings, the series helps them become better speakers and writers of English.
- Rigorous, sophisticated, and comprehensive readings are based on academic sources, each carefully designed to provide different and intriguing perspectives on a theme.
- Readings come from a variety of sources and genres—textbooks, newspapers, magazines, online articles—and are written by experts in widely different fields.
- A corpus-informed approach to vocabulary helps students build vocabulary and acquire skills to become more confident in preparing for academic work.
- New Essential Online Resources include reading comprehension activities, reading faster activities, teacher's manual and assessments.
- Mapped to the Global Scale of English.