The Versant English Placement Test (VEPT) is a specially designed test for English language learners to evaluate speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills using automated scoring and providing score results within minutes. Academic institutions can use the test to place students in English language programs, or to evaluate how well students or staff can understand and communicate clearly in English.
- Efficient: The tests are fully automated, and can be administered via computer, either offline or online, to a large group of students. The test takes 50 minutes to complete, and detailed score reports are available within minutes using the Versant automated scoring system.
- Reliable: The tests are highly reliable, as they are specifically designed to analyze speech of non-native speakers using patented speech processing technology.
Score Reports include:
- An overall score and sub-skill scores - speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- A detailed description of test takers' language capabilities.
- Suggestions for improvement.
- A comparison of test takers' scores to other spoken language tests such as the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).