The For Your Information series helps students move beyond passive reading to become active, thoughtful, and confident readers of English. With updated reading selections and enhanced skill focus, the second edition of this popular
series builds reading proficiency and vocabulary while encouraging students to think critically, express themselves, and interact.
Companion DVDs feature 2–5 minute video excerpts from World News Tonight, Good Morning America, and 20/20.
- Video activities include vocabulary, comprehension, and discussion questions.
- A DVD Guide packaged with the DVD includes step-by-step instructions for using the video in class as well as video transcripts.
- Authentic and adapted readings include topics of general and academic interest.
- Expanded reading and vocabulary skill sections clearly and concisely explain both how to perform each skill and why it is important.
- Reading and vocabulary skills are carefully recycled across each book and the entire series, ensuring that students have multiple chances to practice and master them.
- Students interact with new vocabulary multiple times within each chapter, which research shows is critical for vocabulary acquisition.
- End-of-unit exercises further recycle vocabulary and help students synthesize information and assess their own progress.