World of Reading helps students become better readers with its focus on a wide variety of genres and research-based vocabulary development. Based on the successful Building on Basics and Building Understanding, the series now takes on a third, low-intermediate Level 1.
Features of the New Edition
- Authentic, unadapted readings from a variety of genres provide teachers with greater flexibility when planning their course.
- Vocabulary preview activates students’ background knowledge and introduces vocabulary that is essential for comprehension.
- Multiple-choice activities call out unfamiliar words or expressions and provide contextual choices so students can continue reading more fluently.
- Comprehension checks help students develop the ability to read and learn from authentic texts on their own.
- Writing activities offer additional opportunities for expression about the topic.
- Text analyses help students expand reading comprehension skills and enhance language development by exploring how writers use language.