- waking up every night to a voice saying “Come and catch me”!
- being on a boat in the middle of the ocean in a terrible storm!
- finding millions of dollars on a busy highway!
These stories and more — humorous, poignant, astounding — and all true!
More True Stories, Third Edition, by Sandra Heyer, consists of 22 new or updated human-interest stories adapted from news sources around the world. The universal appeal of these believe-it-or-not stories ensures a pleasurable reading experience and encourages high-beginning-level students to read with fluency and confidence.
- A photo and pre-reading questions introduce each story.
- Average story length is 470 words.
- Stories are told in the past and past progressive tenses.
- Revised and improved exercises for vocabulary development, reading comprehension, discussion, and writing help students develop language proficiency.
- Background information and teaching tips in an expanded To the Teacher section help make the reading class more effective.
- An audio CD with recordings of all stories is included in each textbook.
- A perfect partner with More True Stories Behind the Songs.
The True Stories series includes:
True Stories Behind the Songs
More True Stories Behind the Songs
Very Easy True Stories
All New Very Easy True Stories
Easy True Stories, Second Edition
All New Easy True Stories
True Stories in the News, Third Edition
More True Stories, Third Edition
Even More True Stories, Third Edition
Beyond True Stories