The Longman Study Dictionary of American English is an invaluable resource for low-intermediate learners. The dictionary accelerates vocabulary development by highlighting academic vocabulary and content-area vocabulary
across subject areas.
With the Longman Study Dictionary of American English, students will understand more and achieve more!
- Clear, carefully graded definitions of 24,000 words and phrases.
- 19,000 examples show words in context.
- Entries from the Academic Word List are highlighted to help students understand academic texts.
- Word Family Boxes show academic words with the same root.
- Thesaurus Boxes explain words with similar meanings, enriching students’ speech and writing.
- Workbook lessons on best dictionary practices are included.
- Content-specific words from a variety of subject areas prepare learners for academic coursework.
- Languages and Literature
- History, Politics, and Social Science