This interactive listening-speaking series prepares students for the challenges of college lectures with a wide range of listening, speaking, and note-taking strategies and skills. The 12 college lectures at each level are drawn from a range of academic disciplines and reflect authentic lecture settings, featuring engaging instructors and live student audiences.
Features of the new edition:
- Vocabulary from the Academic Word List.
- Focus Your Attention teaches students practical listening and note-taking strategies before they watch to the lecture.
- Listening strategies include predicting, inferring, listening for the main idea, and listening for details.
- Review Your Notes helps students consolidate their understanding of lecture content, review note-taking skills, and develop critical thinking.
- Projects include in-class discussions, presentations, contact assignments, research projects, and role plays.
- Teacher’s Packs contain photocopiable quizzes and tests, additional vocabulary practice, teaching notes, answer keys, audioscripts, and simulated TOEFL® Listening tests for each unit.