The highly acclaimed Practice of English Language Teaching is the essential guide for teachers of English in a wide range of contexts. The new Fifth Edition has been revised to reflect the latest developments in language teaching. It explains current pedagogy to teachers who want to access the most relevant English language teaching practices and incorporate them into their classes.
The Practice of English Language Teaching includes:
- English as a world language (who learns it and why)
- Theories of language and language learning
- A discussion of learner characteristics that influence teacher decisions, including guidance on managing learning
- A description of approaches to teaching language systems (grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation), and to teaching language skills (speaking, writing, listening, and reading)
- A wide range of practical teaching ideas
- An examination of the role of technology (old and new) in the classroom
- A description of assessment for language learning in the digital age
The DVD includes discussions between the author and teachers about language teaching issues, and presents authentic lesson extracts from around the world.