If you have students who wish to build on their vocabulary acquisition skills, improve their academic writing skills, and become more confident and successful readers, From Reading to Writing is the ideal pedagogical tool. This four level,researched-based course provides a complete sequenceof high-interest, thematically connected activities that fully integrate reading and writing. Timeless themes engage students and allow for recycling of ideas and vocabulary, while engaging readings provide a springboard for writing activities.
- Explicit reading and writing skill instruction guides students to become better learners.
- Contextualized writing models and carefully crafted exercises direct students through the writing process.
- Step-by-step process-writing assignments with peer feedback, editing, and revising help students master
common academic genres and rhetorical forms.
- Target corpus-based vocabulary from researched sources ensures that students learn the vocabulary they need most.
- ProofWriterTM, an online writing-assessment tool from ETS:
- Provides students with immediate individualized feedback on Grammar, Usage, Style, and Mechanics.
- Teachers can focus their feedback on higher-level writing skills.