A Writer?s Handbook From grammar and punctuation to the creation of essays, The Essentials of English is a must-have reference tool for today?s writer. Each part focuses on a single topic, building from sentence structure and mechanics to writing, revising, and proper formatting. Students also learn how to write a research paper in the MLA and APA styles.
- Clear and concise explanations and examples.
- Practical guide to documentation and research.
- Models of academic papers, e-mails, and business documents.
- Guidance on using computers for writing.
- 8 tabbed sections include: The Basics, Clear Sentences, Grammar, Punctuation, Mechanics, Writing and Revising, Formats, Research Papers, and Reference Lists. Exercises to Accompany the Essentials of English workbook provides additional practice related to the writing process.