Watch this video to learn more
Basic English Grammar, Fourth Edition
Fundamentals of English Grammar, Fourth Edition
Understanding & Using English Grammar, Fifth Edition
Clear, direct and comprehensive, the Azar-Hagen Grammar series uses a grammar-based teaching approach — blending grammar methodology with communicative methods. Grammar is used as the starting point for the development of all language skills — speaking, listening, reading, and writing. The Azar-Hagen Grammar series describes how English works and uses grammar as a springboard for interactive, communicative practice opportunities.
Clear charts and explanations
- Examples accompanied by clear explanations and minimal grammar terminology.
Direct, in-depth grammar practice
- Immediate application of grammatical forms and meanings.
- A variety of exercise types including warm-up, comprehension, completion, reading, listening, interview, pronunciation, and writing.
Comprehensive corpus-informed grammar syllabus
- Written forms, spelling, and punctuation, as well as spoken forms and pronunciation.
- Teacher's Guide offers step-by-step teaching suggestions for each chart, notes on key grammar structures, vocabulary and expansion activities.
- Chart Book contains the grammar charts.
- Test Bank offers additional quizzes, chapter tests, mid-term and final exams.
- ExamView software allows teachers to customize their tests from the Test Bank.
- Teachers can use the eText as a classroom presentation tool.
New Essential Online Resources include Student Book audio, Student Book answer keys, Grammar Coach videos, and self- assessments.
NEW! Understanding and Using English Grammar, Fifth Edition
New to this Edition
- Pretests at the start of each chapter enable learners to check what they already know.
- Updated grammar charts reflect current usage and highlight differences between written and spoken English.
- A new chapter on article usage.
- A variety of high-interest readings include reviews, articles on current topics, and blogs that focus on student success.
- Additional incremental practice helps learners better grasp concepts, while thematic exercises and integrated tasks offer more contextualized language use.
- Step-by-step writing activities are supported by writing tips and pre-writing and editing tasks.
- New Essential Online Resources include Student Book audio, Student Book answer key, Grammar Coach videos, and self- assessments.
MyEnglishLab: Azar offers a rich variety of digital presentation and practice techniques to appeal to many learning styles. MyEnglishLab: Azar includes:
- Extensive grammar practice with more than 500 new interactive exercises for practice in listening, speaking, and reading.
- Learner support with pop-up notes and grammar charts for easy access to information.
- Ongoing assessment, with immediate feedback on practice activities and tests, so students can monitor their own progress.
For sample units and downloadable materials, visit our eCatalog.